Tuesday 8 February 2005

Chinese New Year eve.

The evening of reunion dinners.

The evening where family members get together and enjoy time together.

The evening where children look forward to 15 days of red packet collecting.

An evening where I'm all alone in Australia.

I guess it's really not as pathetic as it sounds. I just got invited to a dinner gathering organised by the Asians in the area.

It will be fun to catch up with old friends and meet new ones.

The taste buds will also be satisfied with the good food (that will not be supplied by me).

But yet there is still a longing to be home with my loved ones.

To laugh, to talk, to simply be there on such a significant day.

Funny how days like these only become important once you're far away.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...