Saturday 2 April 2005

the debate of the Marys...

For the last month or so, I have heard from various worships and sermons that imply Mary Magdalene and Mary of the Martha and Mary fame are the same Mary.

I am confused.

I have looked through the Bible and have not come up with something solid that confirms that theory. In fact, more often than not, what I've found seem to refute the relation.

And yet, 4 preachers I've heard have stated that. And a book written by a respected Seventh-day Adventist pastor has been based on the sole fact that the two Marys are the same, and that she is also the prostitute whom Jesus had the whole "he who has no sin may cast the first stone" incident. (do not even get me started on that one)

I honestly cannot find anything in the Bible.

I am still in the process of research, but would highly appreciate it if somebody is able to clue me in further on this issue. Even if it is just a point to a book or a website.

This is not to enhance my faith, or strenghten my belief in God, or to get into senseless theological debates that has nothing to do with a relationship with God.

Loving God and sharing God is not about who interprets the Bible best. Or who wins an argument about God.

This is simply a search to understand His teachings better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...