Tuesday 12 April 2005

spending money is gooood.....

started off the day in Sydney with a haircut - I now have short dark red hair with red highlights and an asymmetrical fringe. Look like some kind of teenybooper actually and got mistaken for a 18 year old.

Going back to do media work for the cycling dudes on Friday (send them an email if you can! They'll love it!). Hope will get taken seriously with my hair.

Also got a the Oz and NZ Public Relations Handbook, so I can be really studious and read about all the advice I can get with my job. Stupid book cost me $88! Thank goodness for book subsidies...

Fluffed around for other stuff as well...finally bought an autumn jacket in pink. Yes, pink. Not bright pink, or neon pink, but well, pink. The pigs will fly tomorrow. But at least now I won't be too hot or too cold.

And to make myself feel better by betraying my colours, I got a bright yellow scarf.

Oh, and finally donated blood. The blood bank here is really weird. It's in the middle of Sydney, but only opens for very limited hours during the day. No wonder they don't have much blood in the bank...the times when working people actually want to donate, they're closed! If it weren't for my day off today, I doubt I would ever be able to donate!

Bruna wants me to take tomorrow off as well (you can't get a better boss than her), but I may have to go back to work in the arvo...there's just too much media stuff to coordinate!

I am really loving this project at the moment. To be able to call up the media, sell the story idea to them, and then hear them say "yes, we'll like to interview them and feature them in our show/paper/etc." is really satisfying. And then to see it actually published in the newspaper or go live on air...

Who cares that my name is nowhere to be found? Who cares that at the end of the day, the cyclists are the ones that people will remember? Who cares that nobody even knows I exist?

Simply to be able to help them get the recognition they deserve is enough for me.

I love my job...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...