Thursday 18 August 2005

I am stressed. Very stressed.

I've got no one to blame except myself really.

Like my mum says (constantly, at that), I set extremely high standards for myself and demand too much from myself.

And it's true, because honestly, no one's putting any pressure on me except me.

My boss isn't expecting miracles, but I am.

I have nothing else to say, really. Besides a feeble attempt to keep this blog alive and remind myself that I'm expecting too much from myself.

And a lame excuse to put up a photo of colourful art supplies, something I have a real weakness for (not that I can draw to save my life).

At least I'm going to have a real holiday in Fiji immediately after the business meeting. I couldn't have timed it better myself.

For the moment, I need to learn how to relax...

1 comment:

Kel said...

we have a bit in common you and me

from one perfectionist to another it makes life so hard, not only on ourselves, but on those around us

this year I've been learning the art of going easy on myself - it's actually quite refreshing - when I get it right :-)

I love this pic you took - and used it on my blog too - with blog ref link of course

Let me tell you a secret - I can't draw technically well either - but it's not about creating art for the Louvre - it's about expressing oneself in a creative way

and for us perfectionist - Type A kinda people, getting out of our head and into external things like art and exercise - it's a great recovery tool :-)

You have a big couple of weeks coming up - with lots of expectations on you from many angles - but you will do a great job in delivering what is needed

I believe in you.

and when the pressure gets too much - try a blog scream - no one can hear you in cyberspace ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...