Tuesday 9 August 2005

I feel like I need to hug a tree. Maybe two.

Thankfully I don't walk pass many trees on my way home. I'm afraid of what they would do to me.

For anybody who knows me, I'm always advocating recycling. I refuse to throw away a piece of paper until I have scribbled extensively on both sides.

"Think about the trees!" I would exclaim to friends who mindlessly waste paper.

I have just singlehandedly killed a whole forest. Well, maybe not a whole forest, but whatever number of trees it takes to produce 400 sheets of paper.

In light of the business meeting we have at the end of the month, I have to produce a daily newsletter. I was printing out the template for the newsletter today. I checked and double-checked to make sure that everything was ok before I hit "print 400 copies".

At the end of the 400th copy, I pick up a piece and staring right at me was "Wednesday August 3 2005".

It should have been "Wednesday August 31 2005".

All 400 copies are now rendered useless as I would need to reprint ones with the correct date on them.

My heart hurts so bad it's not funny. I feel terrible...

Where's that tree?

5 comments:

Kitty Cheng said...

awwww i'm sorry about that, but yeah i know that feeling of 'killing' trees dear.

Anonymous said...

bring them home and fold paper "bowls" while watching tv. hee. that's what i do with the mission magazines that ppl leave lying around in church.

Black Jack said...

how about you just use a marker and write a "1" 400 times??

Melody said...

I tried. It looks *really* dodgy.

Black Jack said...

Dodgy don'tch care!!! Save the trees!!! They scream in pain when they get sawed down!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...