Monday 8 August 2005

*sniff* Nobody loves me anymore...

In anticipation of the crazy schedule I was going to have ahead of me, I thought I'd better make a couple of phonecalls to my mother and a dear friend.

Either they're both avoiding me or my phonecard's out to suck me dry of my twenty-cent coins. I really hate calling long-distance using a public phone. And the phonecard I have isn't the best one in the world (besides the fact that it does give me a really good per minute rate when I actually get connected).

It's like three strikes and I'm out.

I put in forty cents to get a connection with the phonecard company. It tells me to dial the overseas number. I dial the number. I get an engaged tone. I try again. Engaged. I try again. Engaged. And the stupid recorded voice on the other line goes "Sorry, we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again." And promptly disconnects me.

So being the idiot that I am, I put in forty cents again to get a connection. I dial the number. I get an engaged tone. I try a different number. She isn't home, I hang up. I dial another number. Engaged. And I get the stupid recorded voice and get disconnected again.

What if I happen to like dialing numbers that are engaged on the other side?

What if I happen to have more than one person I would like to talk to that night?

What if I could have talked to a living breathing person on my fourth attempt?

I guess I'll never know.

Stupid phonecard...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...