Friday 16 September 2005

The greatest peril of travelling is the emptiness one gets upon returning home.

It's not as if I have a bad life here, although the news of Kristin having to return back to the States in 10 days certainly put a damper on things. It's simply the return to reality and a mundane life that dulls everything.

Maybe it's because after nine days of bright sunshine on the beach in the great outdoors, I'm now stuck in a building looking out a window at an overcast sky that is making me feel a little down.

Maybe it's because after nine days of activities, of being around people, I'm currently sitting in front of a computer with nobody else to talk to that is making me feel a little bored.

Maybe it's because after nine days of fun and holiday, I'm dreading having to return to work on Monday.

My real life isn't bad. It's just different, and it somehow pales in comparison to the wonderful time I've had in Fiji, hanging out with good friends and not having to worry about anything in the world.

Then again, maybe if everyday is like my time spent in Fiji, I would get tired of it very soon too.

2 comments:

kenneth birch said...

Well as you know, I know exactly how you feel - I think mental jet-lag is a fitting term.

It usually gets better, though, given some time. So cheer up, and go eat some ice cream or whatever ;)

Oh and welcome back, btw :)

Kitty Cheng said...

yeah welcome back....i kinda felt like that when i came back from Europe in June.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...