Tuesday 20 September 2005

she's leaving this Thursday morning. But considering she's got an early morning flight, we will have to say goodbye tomorrow evening.

Why do governments have to be such a big pain and make such incredible demands on visa requirements? It's not as if she's going to leech off the Aussie government. In fact, I know for sure she'll make a great contribution to the economy.

But alas, her visa application wasn't approved and she's returning to the States in two days.

My best friend is leaving me. After reuniting for about nine months after spending close to two years in two different continents, we have to say goodbye again. At least she is working to return in January next year.

But in the meantime...

No more hours of long conversations about everything under the sun.

No more being able to gesticulate wildly, unable to say a word and yet have her understand me.

No more cooking experiments together.

No more soft gooey choc chip cookies.

No more travelling adventures with her.

No more sitting in her room and watching TV, making cynical and sarcastic comments.

No more experiencing weird indie films and plans to attend plays together.

No more Kristin.

2 comments:

Della said...

My plan is that we kidnap her! *teehee*

Or just wait until she can come back early next year... Still, it sucks that Kristin has to go back :( Which is something I think I've said about three hundred times to her *lol*

kris said...

HEY! i'm not dead! i'm just a bit further away than i was 2 days ago. i miss you so much...you and della and shaz and chris. i'll miss doing all that stuff you wrote about and so much more.

can you believe i spent 40% of my flight back in tear? in retribution, my body got sick and i can't hardly breath!

i love you guys. write me when you can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...