Monday 3 October 2005

I always find it extremely healing to spend a certain amount of time alone.

Not so much hiding in a room by myself and not seeing anybody (although I do enjoy that at times too). But just being around people who don't know me, simply watching them, observing them and just absorbing life without having to give anything in return.

This long weekend has been really good for my psyche. It gave me the chance to reconnect with myself, to calm down, to simply live without worrying.

I had really enjoyed the past two months, going to Fiji, having friends visit, constantly being around people. But I guess it did take its toll on me.

With most of my friends away, this weekend became the perfect opportunity to simply be with myself...as well as pick up a potentially expensive hobby.

Went off to the Sydney Bead & Gem Show at Olympic Park yesterday to find out more about beading. It was like stepping into a huge bead shop. Ended up buying all these materials and beads to make my own jewellery, and spending a rather scary sum of money. But they were all at bargain prices and with what I bought, I don't think I'd need to visit a bead shop anytime in the near future!

Was an experience to be at the Olympic Park yesterday, what with it being the grand final day of the Rugby League as well. Everyone was in such a festive mood and there were orange and black (colours of the Tigers, one of the teams) streamers and balloons everywhere, and I mean everywhere. They were on the shop front, at the train station, along the road..everywhere!

It was a strangely nice experience to be amongst so many people and yet be completely alone.

Also spent time working on my scrapbook, collecting quotes and pictures, did some writing, worked on redecorating my room...being creative simply for myself.

I guess I'm ready to face the world again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kel said...

I had a box of beads my man bought for me as a present

have already used most of them in some way or another, and had a few friends who were happy to use some too in creating individual pieces

hope to see some pics of your creations here

and go see Seeking Serenity http://serenitydawn.blogspot.com/ for a creative idea of using beads to make a spiritual discipline symbol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...