Tuesday 2 May 2006

I really cannot complain about where I’m working from right now. Sitting in the balcony on the 17th floor, basking in the warm sunshine with brilliant views of the river on my right and the knowledge the the beach is only a two minutes walk across the road. It really is the life.

Am currently at Surfers Paradise attending the Australian Christian Broadcasters conference that starts tomorrow. Technically, I'm here for work (the conference starts at 7.30am in the morning and ends at 5pm) but at the moment, I have to say I'm in a very pleasant environment.

Arrived just past noon today and spent the afternoon walking around the town centre, having a pleasant lunch in the sun out on the sidewalk, strolling along the beach...it really is a welcome change to the mounting stress that I was feeling last week. (Having to attend this conference actually added to the stress since I knew I wouldn't be able to do as much as if I were in the office and would only return to a stack of stuff that needs my attention.)

Alas, I'm back in my hotel room now about to check my emails and start working on some PR strategies that were supposed to be done last week. One can never get the best of both worlds can they?

And in case anybody's wondering, autumn has certainly arrived in Sydney over the past week and the temperature has been gradually descending. Which explains my current obsession with the sun.

Technorati tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi melody, long time no hear..(=
Its a great place to chill at surfer's paradise..i went there last last Xmas..(=

great to hear u're doing well..God bless

Anonymous said...

sorry..forgot to sign off..haha...
Chris here...from Singapore...

Nurulasyikin said...

this has totally nothing to do with ur post but my colleagues think u are an austin powers fan what with all the stripes and loud colours. haha. Yeah baby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...