Wednesday 16 August 2006

"Be still and know that I am God," it says in the Bible and just how much that statement is ringing true to me right now.

The past month or so had been one crazy rollercoaster ride for me. What with my department's restructure and me subsequently taking on more responsibilities (the number of committees I'm in now is ridiculous, not to mention the number of meetings I have to attend. The thing about responsibilities and meetings is that they make you less efficient since work don't get done while you're in meetings!), my best friend's wedding (I just had to phrase it that way), friends visiting from Singapore, weekends away...I've hardly had time to breathe, much less sleep.

My social calendar went into overdrive in the last month, the amount of sleep I had been getting was slowly decreasing and even the time I had alone to myself at home became minimal. My housemate was starting to wonder if she was living alone.

And I'll be the first to admit that amidst all this hectic-ness and activity, I've lost the opportunities to be still. To be still and know that He is God. The quality and content of my blog entries would have been the other giveaway.

When your mind is cluttered with thoughts, activities, plans and whatnots, when you go to bed so tired all you do is mutter a quick prayer that gets lost along the way, when you lose the opportunity to simply sit and ponder about life, it's not surprising that you lose sight of God and the deep and profound thoughts He gives you.

It's not that I've lost that relationship with God. I still love Him. I still talk to Him. And I certainly know that He is still there with me - the amount of blessings He's given me over the past month is enough to convince me of that.

But I know I've neglected God. I've failed to be still to know Him. Know Him as my Father, my Counsellor, my Advisor, and the God whom I have discussions with and who provides me with insight into this thing called life.

I miss hanging out with you God. And I've only got myself to blame.

Technorati tags: , ,

1 comment:

Kel said...

hope you can find some still space
it's good for the soul

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...