Friday 13 April 2007

I just read a post that got me thinking about my reasons for blogging.

I started, gosh, almost exactly four years ago, largely because I was extremely bored at my old employment.

There were things to do, but not enough to occupy my time and so decided to start playing around with my web "skills". Which I promptly realised I had none.

My blog was then known as Mel's England Tales and that was what it was about. It was a tool for family and friends to keep up with what I was up to, without me having to spam their inboxes. It was also a fantastic opportunity for me to rave and rant and basically use it as a soapbox.

It still is a soapbox, but towards the end of 2003, I wanted my blog to take on a different turn. It's name changed to Mel's Mindcave, not because I have an empty chasm in my head, but firstly because I was leaving England and secondly, I wanted it to reflect more of who I am as a Christian.

I wanted it to be my ministry. In a very small way, an opportunity to show others what it is like to be a Christian living in the world. How values, opinions, lifestyle and everything else is shaped because of a love of God.

That goal hasn't changed yet, even though this site is now called Aussie Adventures. It was given this name at the end of 2004 when I realised I was moving to Australia to work indefinitely. The goal was still the same, but the name had changed.

But then I took on the job as public relations office for the Seventh-day Adventist Church and suddenly, this blog is not only about God, but about communicating for God, for the church and simply about the public relations practice.

Looking back at my posts, many of it has simply been about who I am and what I've been doing.

And sometimes I wonder, am I still serving the main purpose of this blog - to share God in an unobtrusive way.

I hope in a way I am.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...