Thursday 25 November 2010

Recurring contact lens dreams

There's this dream that I have been having fairly regularly for the last few years. It involves me trying to put on my contact lens, but somehow the lens itself is as big as my face. And since most dreams defy logic, in it, despite it being so crazy big, I'm still trying to shove the lens into my eye.

It's a weird dream, but it's a dream I have very regularly. It's not a nightmare per se, but one of immense frustration and fear as to whether my eye will be fine after shoving something as big as my face into it.

I have no idea what it means or signify. I'm not one to believe in the mystic meanings behind dreams, but I do believe that what we dream somehow reflect something in our lives.

Most dreams I have are nonsensical, ones to be laughed at, ones to make you feel warm and fuzzy, ones to frown at...the memorable ones you talk about, but eventually, you simply forget about it. This recurring dream however, sticks (pardon the pun).

For those who believe that dreams somehow reflect our state of mind, I have to say that whenever I have these crazy contact lens dreams, my state of mind is always different. There are times when I'm stressed, times when I'm happy, times when I'm just, well, me. And yet, I dream the same dream, that of trying to put a ginormous contact lens into my eye.

Strange, but true.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...