Sunday 17 July 2011

Why I'm a chick and I do NOT dig Bruno Mars' Marry You*

Have you heard the lyrics?

I mean, really listen to it, besides the part where he's crooning "I want to marry yoooooou" to wedding bells chiming in the background?

This is the guy who wants to marry this girl because:
  1. He's looking for "something dumb to do"
  2. He's proposing getting married at a dinky chapel because then "no one will know"
  3. Oh, they both happen to be "trashed"
  4. And what's this about "If we wake up and you wanna break up that’s cool"?!?!
Bruno Mars might as well have just sung "You wanna have a one night stand"? It's just about as unromantic as that!

But the sad thing is...it's got a rather catchy tune...*walks off humming*

*This blog has largely been inspired by the fact that every time I hear Marry You on the radio, the DJ almost always preface it by "All the girls love this song..." or something along those lines.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! I've never heard that song before but just had to listen to it after reading your blogpost. Nothing romantic at all.

/Ida

Faith said...

I had the EXACT same conversation with Jon about this! And we came to the exact same conclusion.

Sadly, I don't find the tune catchy so there's not even that saving grace.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...