The elbow is starting to feel a bit more like normal now though and so my mission continues.
D had a bunch of porridge oats and sugar lying around as well so I decided to make some oatmeal cookies.
Pretty simple recipe, not even too hard to mix with my munted arm!
Made several modifications to the recipe (mainly because I wanted to use up what we already had and didn't want to buy new ingredients since we're leaving in under three weeks), namely:
- didn't use walnuts, pecans, dried fruit or chocolate chips
- used margarine spread instead of unsalted butter
- used normal white sugar instead of light brown sugar, and only 3/4 cup
- didn't use vanilla extract
- used vegetable seasoning instead of salt (yes, we have no salt in the house)
- used porridge oats instead of old-fashioned rolled oats. I'm not sure what the difference is
- drizzled some chocolate sauce over the dough before placing into the oven (which explains the darkish colour on some of the cookies in the picture)