Tuesday 3 April 2012

Oatmeal cookies

I'm still on a mission to finish up the 10kg of flour that D bought, but things came to a standstill when I decided to go dislocate my elbow.

The elbow is starting to feel a bit more like normal now though and so my mission continues.

D had a bunch of porridge oats and sugar lying around as well so I decided to make some oatmeal cookies.


Pretty simple recipe, not even too hard to mix with my munted arm!

Made several modifications to the recipe (mainly because I wanted to use up what we already had and didn't want to buy new ingredients since we're leaving in under three weeks), namely:

  • didn't use walnuts, pecans, dried fruit or chocolate chips
  • used margarine spread instead of unsalted butter
  • used normal white sugar instead of light brown sugar, and only 3/4 cup
  • didn't use vanilla extract
  • used vegetable seasoning instead of salt (yes, we have no salt in the house)
  • used porridge oats instead of old-fashioned rolled oats. I'm not sure what the difference is
  • drizzled some chocolate sauce over the dough before placing into the oven (which explains the darkish colour on some of the cookies in the picture)
The cookies still turned out pretty yummy though. Made so much D brought a batch to work to share.

Recipe here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...