Tuesday 28 September 2004

feels like there're supernatural forces leading me to joining this competition.

Happened to have friends who were invited to the press conference of the contest last Monday.

These same friends are going to lend me the latest
video camera that will help save time when it comes to transferring files from the camera to the computer for editing.

And so what if I have lousy editing equipment? I will have access to either a)
Final Cut Pro, one of the best DV editing software to exist, or b) another software that my friends were given (really, press folks have all sorts of privileges).

In all honesty, I was still having some hesitation, having never actually written a proper script before. I have a storyline, but having a story is entirely different from an actual movie script.

Today, I had lunch with a former scriptwriter from
Mediacorp.

He has since agreed to help me with my script, and get me in touch with people who will have all the equipment needed (eg. lights, sound, etc) to produce a short film for the competition. Not to mention the fact that he has a friend who just so happens to have full video editing software lying unused in his house somewhere.

Now all I need to do is actually get down and write the story.

Oh, as well as source for actors.

Volunteers, anyone?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...