Friday 10 September 2004

someone knew what they were saying when they came out with the quote "when it rains, it pours". I am in such a fix now I have no idea where to turn.

Currently, here are the options I have:

1. Citibank

The job which we have in mind is for APB23. Thus in term of timeline, this should be a 2-mth project....(the exact duration, we are still checking and hope to know the details by early next week). In the interim, if you are keen, we shan't talk to the agency in sourcing for the person for us. BUT will need to know when you are coming back should u be interested.....!!!

2. Mission College in Thailand

I have just spent today putting together a position description for aPR/Promotions Officer. Are you still interested? We are almost ready to employ.

3. AWR in Singapore

I also wanted to tell you that yesterday I received an email from Akinori Kaibe, the AWR Region Director for Asia and he was inquiring as to whether you might be available to work in the AWR office in Singapore. As I understand it, he needs someone with special skills to work with their program distribution system for Asia.

4. My heart's desire

You can stay in the UK for two years as a working holidaymaker, from the date you were first given permission to enter the UK in this category. There are no restrictions on the type of work you can do as a working holidaymaker. There is also no restriction on the amount of work that you can do (part-time or full-time), but we do expect you to take a holiday during your stay. If you are given permission to enter as a working holidaymaker you may also be allowed to switch into Work Permit employment after one year in the UK.

Strange that the one option that I would like to take the most is the one with the least security, the one with the most number of unknowns (will I actually get a job? Will I be able to afford living in the UK? Will I be able so support myself?).

Goodness knows how much I want to live and work in the UK. Not for the rest of my life, but at least for a few more years. Yet, it is filled with so many uncertainties. The option is there, but it is what requires the biggest amount of faith.

Will I regret my decision if I went with option 4? I'll be giving up job security, steady income, a guaranteed comfortable life. No, it will not be luxurious, but the worries I will have is going to be considerably less. At least I would not have to worry if I can afford my next meal. At least home will be close, so so close.

What do I do? Where do I go? What should I think? What does God want for me?

And God is strangely silent...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...