Wednesday 22 August 2007

Yes, I'll admit it, I'm a bit of a Bruce Willis/Die Hard fan.

So naturally, I had to go catch Die Hard 4.0 on a cheapo Tuesday evening.

Firstly, it's a rather action-packed but ridiculous movie. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I'm sure at least the first Die Hard was exciting and failed to incite any snide comments from me. But this? This? I liked the action, I won't deny that, but I was laughing every few minutes and going "what?!" every other.

The biggest burning question that I've got:

The whole show starts with hackers helping the bad guys hack into something or other. And then the bad guys start killing the hackers by hacking into the hackers' computers which then explodes (in a really magnificent way) when the hackers press the delete button.

And nowhere in the movie did it imply that the bad guys actually got into the hackers' homes and planted a bomb. It was all supposed to be done remotely etc.

What I would like to know is if this means that one fine day, my computer may suddenly decide to explode because oh, maybe I failed to pay my credit card bills and the bank's hacked into my computer?

Do I really have a walking timebomb?

Maybe that's why the lead hacker guy who eventually saves the day is the same Mac guy in the famous Mac/PC ads.

Maybe it's just a big ad for Mac - buy Macs! They won't randomly explode!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...