Thursday 17 September 2009

Humility

I suppose this can be considered a follow-up post to the one on nit-picking.

As mentioned, letters that are written simply to point out a mistake that cannot be rectified annoy me. They serve no purpose but to hurt, criticise and condemn.

But then, an epiphany from someone else whose life is probably spent on the firing line more than myself.

"All the hate mail and sarcastic mail I receive keeps me humble and remind me that we're broken people."

And it's true. I get annoyed because of the pride I have in myself, in my work. If I didn't care, I wouldn't have a reaction.

But this is not about not being proud of what you have achieved.

It's simply a reminder to extend grace and patience and that as a Christian, my mission is to reach out to these broken humans and place them in the hands of God.

1 comment:

Kel said...

hmm, that epiphany comment sounds like someone i know... ;)

someone younger than me who manages to show more wisdom and grace most times

it seems to me that if someone has to make others feel broken, then they themselves must have a sizeable brokenness

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...