Monday 16 July 2007

To celebrate our first year anniversary as well as my birthday, Daniel and I did the most romantic thing ever.

We went to a flying trapeze workshop.


It was honestly one of the most fun things I've done in a long time. Ok, it was also terrifying, but certainly fun.

When we first signed up for it, the only thing I thought of was "this is fun!" Thoughts of that soon disappeared when we actually turned up at the venue. That was when I was reminded that firstly, I had no upper body strength whatsoever, and secondly that I was absolutely insane to have agreed to go flying through the air.

We had all of one practice run on the training bar before the guy went "alright, you can go up the ladder now." I just kept thinking, "I'm going to die, I'm going to die..."

Then came the point where I had to climb the ladder which I thought would never end.


At the platform at the top, the only two things that I could think of was that I was a very long way up and how embarrassing it would be to wet my pants as I jumped off the platform clinging on to the trapeze bar.


Thankfully, that did not happen. What did happen was that I thoroughly enjoyed myself, especially the part where I was swinging in the air.

That did not happen for too long however, because we had to do all these flips and hanging from our legs and stuff and it all happened in a matter of seconds.

We were also given the opportunity to be caught by another person, but by then I was so tired, I could no longer grip on to the trapeze bar with my legs long enough to be caught before falling off on to the nets.

Daniel did much better however, and when he was caught, his yells of delight could be heard miles away and he could not stop grinning when he was on ground.

The showoff.

All photos here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...