Monday 30 July 2007

My many thanks to the wonderful people who have managed to make me feel somewhat better after my previous post.

I suppose I should realise that my articles may offend people. After all, I am writing materials that will be read by people, which means I will get reactions, and not all of them will be nice.

I guess I just never seen myself as...I don't know, opinionated?

Maybe it has something to do with an occupational hazard. Working in public relations make me want to please everybody, make everybody feel good and most certainly not offend anybody. I'm meant to be a bridge-builder aren't I? So to be told that I come off as a bit too strong by somebody in my work environment really took me aback.

It made me feel that I'm just not doing my work well enough.

But I'm also just a girl with a voice. And with thoughts. And as much as I think myself rational and fair, I suppose my thoughts don't always come off as such to others.

The main affront I've had with being told that I come off as a bit too strong is the fact that I feel like I'm being seen as some radical. Like as if I need to run down the corridor and shout "jihad!!!!!!" or something like that.

I don't know, maybe I still will. If it's on a topic I'm passionate enough about, something that I believe in, I may. Well, not shout jihad, but certainly shout something relevant.

But the incident this morning has certainly got me thinking. And perhaps I may just be that much more careful with what I write in future.

1 comment:

The Misery Chick said...

Just as long as you don't misunderstand what jihad really means. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...