Wednesday 24 October 2007

I'm a public relations officer, but what is actually expected of me? I'm not sure.

I think I have an identity crisis.

I spend the majority of my time writing news articles for our internal publication. Chasing news stories for our internal production.

Occasionally, I come across a news story that I could also use to pitch to the external media.

But is there all there is to it? Nothing more than a news generating machine?

Isn't there more to public relations than simply news clips?

2 comments:

bilbo said...

you need to create some kind of crisis. I believe crises management is within the realms of the PR officers.

some starters...
- stabbing senior leader
- church arson
- Harry Potter becomes Adventist
- John Howard has heart attack and has by-pass at SAH.

Melody said...

ROFL - that's hilarious!

*wonders who to stab*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...