Saturday 14 May 2011

First cookies

It was a natural progression - after all the cupcakes I was baking, I had to attempt cookies (in January this year, I'm only talking about it now). But no, these weren't going to be your normal choc chip cookies, they had to be choc chunk cookies.


The main reason why I used chunks of Cadbury's milk chocolate (and white chocolate. Yum!) had more to do with economy than anything. On special, they actually cost less than choc chips. And so I cut up two blocks of chocolate and mixed them into the batter. Utter decadence. Mmmm.

After about 15 minutes...


Turns out generous amount of cookie batter on baking tray becomes ginormous-sized cookies when baked. And experienced bakers would know this, but I learned it the hard (no pun intended!) way - cookies become harder after they've been taken out of the oven and cooled.
So if you like soft, chewy cookies, don't take them out of the oven when they've reached the right consistency. Do it before. Naturally, these cookies were a little on the crispy side. But I know for next time - less than 10 minutes it is!

I would share the recipe, except I took it off the net and have no idea where to find it again (I did write it down in my recipe book, silly. I just can't hyperlink it). But it's a typical cookie recipe and if you really want it, let me know and I'll send it to you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...