Thursday 3 May 2007

I recently discovered the John Butler Trio and was really quite drawn to their unique blend of really quite funky music (I'm not a music critic, so I cannot tell you what kind of blend it is, besides the fact that it's a blend of dreadlocks, bongos, beards, and Rasta attitude).

It's rather fresh for me to have a listen to a mainstream music group that lacks the mainstream music style. In short, I liked it.

And in true hippie fashion, these guys are actually offering concert tickets that will offset the carbon emissions from travelling to go see them.

How cool is that?

I'm not sure if I'll go to the concert. I like them, but don't love them.

2 comments:

kris said...

i love these guys! i've never seen them play live but i love their live shows on tv. their albums are pretty amazing as well!

TIME TO GET FUNKY TONIGHT!

bilbo said...

how about Missy Higgins. I have tickets to her next week. She rocks!

And I don't need to buy carbon offsets for her as she doesn't travel around in a private jet...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...