Friday 27 August 2004

ah..to be online again. To be updating again. Won't stay long but thought I owe it to my huge fanbase to write a few words on what I have been up to since I left Singapore on the 19th.

Firstly, Cydknee and Edy's wedding in Germany was absolutely beautiful. And mercies of all mercies, I managed to fit into the gorgeous baby blue bridesmaid dress. The bridal party (6 bridesmaids and groomsmen) took photos in front of this castle in Munich, causing quite a stir and tourists were all taking photos of Cyd and Ed because they looked simply stunning together.

Love the community there. From the minute I arrived, I felt totally welcome and everybody practically embraced me into the community. Very warm and friendly folks with ready smiles and open hearts. Then again, these folks are largely Romanians living in Germany...

Was a real international wedding. 23 or so nationalities represented in a reception of 90 guests. Needless to say I was the only one from Singapore there.

The best part of the wedding had to be when we were driving from the church where the vows were said to another church about 10 minutes drive away for the reception. We drove in a convey of 20 over cars and all of them had lavenders and blue ribbons tied to the car antenna. Everybody was tooting their horns as we drove along, waving out the windows to astonished but smiling bystanders...then Cyd and Ed both peeked out from the sunroof and stood there as the car drove, waving and smiling like they were royalty...it was simply beautiful.

I had such a wonderful time in Germany even though I never ever had enough sleep, having to help with decorations and everything else. The people were great and I had so much fun meeting up with old friends and making new ones. It had been a real fantastic trip.

In England now. Basically slacking and finally recovering from my jet lag. Have to start hunting down old friends and attempt to surprise them, although I doubt it would work coz it would seem that my arrival had been announced several weeks before.

Typical English weather....rainy day today...although would have to leave for town soon to meet up with a friend...

Till later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Are you talking about Cydknee Waller? She's my old college buddy, and I've been trying to get in contact with her for years! (her parents haven't given me the best email info). Her dad told me she was in Germany and and had gotten married...maybe you can tell her to contact me?? Thanks! Have her go to my site, or you can give her my email.

Theda K. (from Univ. of Michigan)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...