Monday 1 November 2004

i got high today and it was the wierdest feeling in my life.

After not taking medication for any illnesses I had for the last 3 years or more, I finally succumbed yesterday night.

I was running a high fever, my joints were aching, I was having a pounding headache and I thought I was going to die. Naturally, my mom dragged me to the doctor's. And despite my better judgement, I agreed to taking medication.

Big mistake.

Last night's dosage was fine since I went straight to bed immediately after popping the pills, but this morning was an entirely different story altogether.

About an hour or so after taking the prescribed dosage, I literally felt the drugs kick in. Suddenly I felt that I was floating in the air, I couldn't speak properly, I couldn't think straight, much less walk, and all I wanted to do was lie in bed and go to sleep.

Medication never had this effect on me before. Then again, I've never went on a three year "drug fast".

It terrifies me to experience the strong effects of these prescribed drugs. We instinctively pop pills whenever we're ill and we don't even think twice as to what taking certain medication can do to us. Perhaps it's because we have become so used to the side effects of drugs that we don't even notice it anymore. All we know is that the pills can cure what we want cured.

But honestly, instant cure is not a cure if there are side effects like the ones I've experienced.

My medication can stay on the shelf. I'm not having another "high" experience again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...