Tuesday 23 November 2004

it's terrifying, but I think I have reached THE age.

The age that I never thought I would reach. The age where people were mature, sophisticated, intelligent and unbelievably cool. Well, at least that was what my young impressionable mind used to think years (centuries?) ago.

Now that I'm here, I realise it's not that cool after all. It's an age where 24 year olds still behave like they're 16, yet hating the real 16 year olds (my brother not included. Then again, he's 17.). An age where responsibilities start to weigh down on one's shoulders. An age where we would all have to start seriously thinking of our futures.

An age where friends either start getting married or having babies.

I received a wedding invitation in the mail yesterday. It would have been exciting if it weren't the 3rd one I've received this year, the 4th wedding I'll be attending this year and the goodness knows what number person I remotely know who is getting married.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm extremely happy for all my friends who have found the someone they want to spend the rest of their lives with. But do they really have to do it all within months of each other??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...