Friday 9 May 2003

I can't believe where I am right now. Sitting in London Gatwick's British Airways lounge for business and first class ticket holders (hence the free internet access). Ah, lifestyles of the rich and famous. Haha. No, I did not meet Prince William on my flight from Singapore to London, or some rich Arab prince during my stopover in Dubai. I only have my dearest great uncle to thank. I can't believe he bought me a business class ticket! Ok ok, backtrack, backtrack. How I ended up here.

Well, College has determined that I needed a 10 day quarantine upon return from Singapore right? And as a result I had to stay with my great aunt and her husband who lives in Wales (with a house in France, on the Spanish border...I realise I lead a hard life. hahahaha). Anyway, the original plan was for me to change my ticket back to the UK when I was in Singapore, so that instead of flying back to London on the 9th, I fly back to Manchester with great aunt on the 8th. Unfortunately, there are absolutely no seats available for flights to Manchester and so I ended up having to fly to London anyway. Great aunt said it was fine, she and great uncle would come pick me up from the airport. Then last night, before I arrived at the Singapore airport, they called from the UK saying that they would rather I fly up to Manchester from London and that my great uncle would arrange everything. All I had to do was go to the BA counter to collect my ticket when I arrive in Gatwick. How would I have guessed he would buy a business class ticket?!?! Therefore, am being treated like a queen now. Only drawback is that I cannot make use of all the free alcohol since I don't drink. Ah well. Free internet. Time to catch up on some long unreplied emails!

Going home was great. To be able to meet old friends, hang out with my family...to feel loved and appreciated all over again. Aunt's wedding was really cool, although I couldn't escape my relatives hounding me with regards to my single status, despite the hair. It only served to distract them for a brief 5 seconds and then the everybody immediately tells me it has to be my turn next. Anyway, even if I do get married, I'm wondering if I'm even wanting to have a ceremony back home. All the relatives and their fussing over what is custom and what isn't...not sure if it's worth it. Although mom has stated rather clearly that I will not be eloping and getting married in a foreign country to some foreign man without having a traditional Chinese tea cermony...hmmmm....will worry about that when I actually have a boyfriend.

Was a crazy week back in Singapore. First there was having to check out our new apartment (we're moving! I'm so excited! Not that I would be there most of the time but it's still a new place!) the wedding, then having to meet friends and also needing to shop for some supplies...before I knew it, it was time to return to the UK. I hardly had time to get anything done! Brother kept telling me "you're never around". Honestly did feel bad. It's just confusing. I really miss home at times. Not Singapore, just the people that I care about. And leaving after everytime I return is really difficult. And yet, I really cannot see myself settling down permanently in Singapore. The humidity, the rigidity, the limited media market, the.....men *shudder*. Oh I don't know. Who knows, after this year, I might not have a choice and would have to stay in Singapore anyway...

Oh well. Will worry about that later. Am hoping to have a proper holiday during the next 10 days (first in Wales, and then we'll drive down to the house in France in a caravan) where the only thing I'll do is sleep, read, write and eat. Ah, the life....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...