Thursday 1 May 2008

I've been wondering about the need to continue blogging and I'm just not so sure anymore.

As Kenneth said, "blogging seems to have lost some of its allure from previous years".

And it's kind of is true. Well, for me at least.

I started this blog years ago when I was in England and wanted to keep in touch with my friends and family without actually spamming their inboxes. And the secondary purpose was to share an insight on how I see life and interpret it as a Christian.

It was my ministry, in a way.

But over the last few years or months, it seems to have descended into something more like a personal diary. The posts are about where I've been, what I've done, etc. But there's Facebook for that.

And strangely, I think as I get older, I feel like I've come more private. So I no longer have the desire to scream to the world what I'm doing on a private level. (That is on the assumption that the entire world reads my blog....)

Then I also tried to venture into the realms of communication, public relations and what I do as a job. But that just becomes too personal and too risky as one day, something may come back and bite me and cause me to lose my job.

So should I keep writing?

I tend to think that I want to, because I like the idea of having a forum that I can share what being a Christian means to me. How Christianity shapes me and helps me to see and interpret events and issues happening in the world.

The problem with that though, is that for some strange reason, I'm losing my muse. Or something like that. Or it could simply be being completely overwhelmed by work and being distracted by knitting.

So maybe this is how it's going to be. If you want to know about me on a personal level, say hi to me on Facebook.

This will become a platform for when I get the inspiration to talk about what being a Christian means to me. Oh, and possibly a few communication insights/tips that I may be able throw in as well.

1 comment:

The Misery Chick said...

WHAT? I AM NOT A FACEBOOK MEMBER AND I DON'T INTEND TO BE!!

How will I know what's up with your life (joining Facebook is OUT)??? And e-mails from you are so few and far in between.

Honestly, you can write whatever you want since it is your blog. Hmph. :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...