Tuesday 27 January 2009

Ash & raisin

After the long and tedious task of knitting with fingering weight yarn, I needed some instant gratification.


This cowl/beanie certainly fit in the category, and I ended up not only with one item, but two!

And the yarn, oh my goodness, the softness and warmth and cosiness of the yarn...not particularly suitable for wearing right now since we're getting like 40 degrees heat lately, but come winter, I know I'm going to be real snug.

I initially was going to knit this for a friend, but even though I like it, the funnel/chimney thing at the top of the beanie may make it a little weird/funky for some. So I'm keeping it for myself.

Pattern here.

8 comments:

Richard Lawry said...

It will look really good on you when the weather turns cold

An Arkie's Musings

Melody said...

Aw thanks! :)

kris said...

so pretty!

Melody said...

Was that me you were referring to, or the project? Hee hee ;)

The Misery Chick said...

So nice that you have a normal sized head. Unlike mine.

Melody said...

Maya - :P Did you manage to find a ribbon to extend your headband? Still feel bad about that :P

kris said...

both:)

The Misery Chick said...

I have the ribbon. Gorgeous bright pink! But... I haven't got around to doing sth abt it. Hehehe. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...