Monday 10 February 2014

Paying it forward

I am a firm believer of taking the time to give a compliment when it is due, mainly because I can also be quick to write letters of complaints when those are due. However, believing that letters of complaints are merely feedback to improve things, I concluded that I need to write letters of compliments as well to keep good things happening. Maybe it's just my way of ensuring karma doesn't come back to bite me.

Yesterday, D and I had lunch for the first time at No Ordinary Cafe in Willoughby. The food was average, but what really caught my attention were the artwork on the walls.



This one was my favourite
I really couldn't take my eyes off them and wanted to possess each and every single one of them. It made such an impact on me that I had to find out about the artist. Lucky for me, she had a website and after playing lurker for a few minutes, decided that I just had to tell her how much I liked her work.

A while ago, I got a reply:
Dear Melody

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me such a lovely email!

I really appreciate your very kind feedback and I am so happy that you love my paintings.

You have made my day!

Kind regards

Elizabeth Langreiter
That made my day.

Then stalker Melody found her on Facebook and liked her page.


You too can stalk Elizabeth here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...