Thursday 3 July 2003

Dear Melody,

I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected for an interview for the position of Temporary Programme Producer. An appointment has been made for you on Thursday, 17th July 2003.

I'm ecstatic. Finally, I can say that there is nothing wrong with my resume and that I am able to get an interview based on my application. Helps the self-esteem. Besides, it's with UCB - Christian radio programming. Something that I've been doing for the last 2 years. Something that I believe in. And yet, there's something nagging at me.

1. It's a temporary position. What happens to me after the term ends? Would it be more worth it for me to stay here instead?

2. It'll cost me £30 and 8 hours to travel up there and return. That's just the train ride to Stoke-on-Trent. I don't even know how to actually get to the place itself. Is it worth it to go through so much for an interview for a position that I'm not even sure I want?

3. What about the Avondale job? Granted, I'm not sure if I'll get it, but if I do, why should I even spend so much to go for this interview? And I have no idea when will I hear about the results of my application to Avondale.

I'm thoroughly confused. Ruth has advised me to go for the interview, just to get the experience...but I don't know. I'm scared - being shaken out of one's comfort zone isn't a pleasant affair. It's time to start praying...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...