Thursday 17 July 2003

my socks came back. and before any of you think it's coz i had stashed them behind a pile of whatnots, that's not how my socks returned. Herewith I present to you the tale of THE RETURN OF THE RAINBOW COLOURED SOCKS...

It was about 9pm, the sun was just beginning to set, and Kristin and I were sitting on my bed chatting. We were seated in such a way that my view of the window was blocked but Kristin had a full view of the window. Now let me also add the fact that my room is on the ground floor so that things don't sound too weird later.

Anyway, I was saying something when Kristin all of a sudden went "Yikes!" and then I heard sounds like as if someone was trying to break into my room through the window, and the next thing I knew I saw one pair of my lost socks come rolling on the floor towards me. At about the same time, Kristin exclaimed "socks!"

We both stared at each other in shock and amazement for a while before we both scrambled out of bed and tried to look out the window as to who it was. All Kristin saw was the figure of a guy wearing a black T-shirt turning a corner. Not enough for me to hunt down the culprit. Although I have a suspicion as to who it was...

To get back to what Kristin actually saw just before she went "Yikes!", she was looking out the window when suddenly she saw a very, in her words, "hairy arm" go through the slit of my window, into my room and fling something into my room. It gave her a shock of course, and she never saw the rest of the body belonging to the arm. All she saw was the arm, and then socks came flying into my room.

And that's how my socks came back to me...I'm happy. I really did miss those socks. Although I have since recieved 4 more pairs of socks as birthday presents since last night. Now I have one for each day of the week!!

On another note, am extremely flattered. I was featured on Faith's website!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...