Sunday 11 January 2004

main reason why I would rather live in England:

went shopping for a new pair of jeans in Singapore two days ago. Now, I realise that since leaving Singapore 4 years ago, I have gained a huge amount of weight and am no longer as skinny as I used to be. But one would think that I would be able to find some jeans my size at Levi's. Ha.

Tried shopping at the women's section first, but when I finally accepted the fact that there were no jeans my size, that the maximum size that they went up to was 29inch, I decided that I may be able to find some jeans at the men's section.

The salesman stared at me incredulously when I told him that I wanted to try on the men's jeans, to which I responded, "See, my problem is that there are no women's jeans my size."

After lots of trial and error, I believe I finally purchased a pair of jeans that was probably one of the largest sizes the store holds...FOR MEN.

Tell me how one can leave the store without feeling obese.

Had I been in England, there would be no problem finding myself a decent pair of jeans without having to go through the humiliation of being too big. Besides, I'm considered small in England!

Leaving for Hong Kong tomorrow. Now I just hope that nobody thinks I have SARS, considering that I'm currently nursing a flu. (Damn sinus attacks that I get whenever I return to Singapore.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...