Monday 21 July 2008

Habit forming

They say it takes 21 days to form a habit.

I've managed to wake up earlier than usual for the last six days (not consecutively, but very close) to spend some time reading the Bible.

I guess that's 15 more days to go.

Why is it so hard to read the Bible, but oh so easy to spend hours reading a novel or a magazine?

Why is it so hard to concentrate when reading the Bible, but oh so easy to stay riveted to a book and put it down only when your eyes cannot possibly stay open?

2 comments:

Kel said...

maybe you just haven't got the right version yet - have you read the Aussie Bible by Kel Richards?

or perhaps hiding slivers of Lindt chocolate throughout the pages could be a tactic?

seriously, i can relate to this
but do find the Message version helps

Melody said...

I like the chocolate hiding tactic...or even $5 notes. Hmmm..

But yeah, it does come down to the Bible version too eh? I tried it with KJV before, it was really nice poetically, but I don't think I learned much :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...