Friday 11 July 2008

Vero Quant

My first forays into entrelac knitting is complete!


After the initial confusion and feel that it was a rather tedious process, I actually started enjoying knitting entrelac by the time I was halfway through. I didn't even need to really look at the pattern by then!

I really love the way the yarn looks like it criss-crosses and the texture just looks absolutely fantastic. I'm just not sure if I'll try entrelac again soon because I'm such an impatient knitter and just want to get my project down as quickly as possible, and I can't seem to really do that with entrelac.


The only problem with this project though, is the fact that I ran out of yarn towards the end. Thought I'd be intelligent and use a different yarn I had in my stash, but somehow, I feel that I now look like a smurf on one side.


I've got a smurf for a left ear...

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Wow, that looks amazing!
I haven't heard of that knitting before, I'll look it up and see if it can be modified for crochet.
Well done, the booties look great, too :)

The Misery Chick said...

Wow. That's a VERY COLOURFUL piece of work! And it does look like you've got a Smurf on your ear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...