Friday 29 May 2009

Perspectives

My previous post may have caused some people worry, thinking that I'm ready to give up my faith in God.

Far from that. God has been too good to me for too long for me to even contemplate that.

I thank those who have expressed concern and given words of encouragement. It's always nice to know that people care and to have extra ammunition to lift you up when you're down is never unappreciated.

But for the record, I'm not walking away from my relationship with God. I'm not even contemplating it.

But as much as I hate to admit it, the behaviour of others does have an impact on me.

I know as humans, we have a tendency to fail and are certainly far from perfect. But when you have a storm raging around you, and when you look at the seemingly un-Christian conduct of others, you start to wonder if it's all worth it.

And then you just get tired, and dare I say it, lazy. You start to wonder if it's worth it. You contemplate simply rebelling.

But I guess what I want to say is, and like what others have mentioned, it is OK.

The beauty of God is that he understands. This is not the first time I've had a low and I'm sure it won't be the last. But God will continue to watch out for you, to be with you and to love you.

From my point of view, a break from God is perfectly alright.

You just need to remember to return.

And as for the impact of the behaviour of others? Who am I to judge what they're doing? It's up to them to answer to their own God/conscience.

I'm not going to force my views on others. I should not let their views and behaviour impact me.

1 comment:

Perseus said...

Yeah, sure, totally ignore my suggestion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...